MEET OUR STAFF
All Employees have completed:
Pediatric 1st Aid, CPR and AED training and have been certified by The American Red Cross every 2 years.
Both directors are Certified Mandated Reporters by The Office of Children & Family Services and The State Of NY.
All employees Of Home Sweet Home have also completed the following 14 separate courses and received accreditation from The Professional Development Program of Rockefeller College and The University At Albany for the following intensive programs:
- Statues and Regulations pertaining to Child Day Care Program Development
- Developmental Stages of age groups (newborn to after school)
- Early Childhood Education (creating effective curriculums)
- Preventing Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and Promoting Safe Sleeping
- Identification, Diagnosis and Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Managing Challenging Behavior: Birth to 18 months
- Managing Challenging Behavior: 10 months to 36 months
- Infant Brain Development-Emergency Preparedness
- Early Intervention (Social & Emotional Development) protocols to record and observe children’s behavior trends
- Family Engagement
- Keeping Children Safe: Prevention of Lead Poisoning and Other Dangers to Children
- Nutrition and Health Needs of Infants and Children
- Additional 15 hour SUNY Health and Safety Training
All employees have completed extensive background screening with The Office of Children and Family services and The State Of NY. They have been entered into the Statewide Central Register Database Check through both photo id and fingerprinting services. All Employees of Home Sweet Home have never had any criminal history or been convicted of any crimes whatsoever.
s h e l l y
Manager of 43rd Street
Shelly has been apart of the HSH family for over 7 years. She has lived in Brooklyn her entire life. Her early career in the fashion industry allowed her to work in New York City for many years. Shelly is also a proud mother of her 2 year old son, Jace. She takes much pride in her role as manager and loves creating bonds with not only the children but the parents as well.
y a n e t
Bilingual Core Concepts
Yanet, originally a Guatemala native now resides in Sunset Park with her 1 year old daughter. She has been with HSH daycare for a little over two years now. Her specialty is curating lesson plans in Spanish for the children. She enjoys doing crafts with the kids and often in her spare time finds herself exploring new crafts ideas and inspirations online.